Screenshots let you grab an image of whatever you’re seeing on the display of your phone. The screenshot is saved as an image file and can be shared or edited just like any other photo. HUAWEI phones are usually running EMUI software based on Android, which features powerful screenshot tools. In this article, we will show you how to take screenshots and the different types of screenshots available.
Use Your Knuckle to Take a Screenshot
- Go to , and ensure that Knuckle screenshots are enabled.
- Knock the screen twice in quick succession with one knuckle to take a screenshot.
Use a Key Combination to Take a Screenshot
Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously to take a screenshot.
Use a Shortcut to Take a Screenshot
Swipe down from the status bar to open the notification panel, then swipe down on it again to show all shortcuts. Touch to take a screenshot.
Share and Edit a Screenshot, or Switch to Scrollshot
After you take a screenshot, a thumbnail will display in the lower-left corner of the screen. Then you can:
- Swipe down on the thumbnail to take a scrolling screenshot.
- Swipe up on the thumbnail to select a sharing mode and share the screenshot with your friends.
- Touch the thumbnail to edit or delete it.
Screenshots are saved to Gallery by default.
Use Your Knuckle to Take a Scrolling Screenshot
- Knock the screen with a knuckle and hold to draw an “S”. The screen will automatically scroll down to the bottom for you to capture the entire page.
- You can touch the screen at any point to stop the screenshot.
Once you have your screenshot, you can share it with your friends, or post it somewhere online. Find out which screenshot method works best for you and start using it on any HUAWEI phone running EMUI.